Country Operations Manager
The Company is market leader in the manufacturing industry and the Country Operations Manager assumes full responsibility for all operations aspects of it.
Main Purpose of the Job:
He/she is accountable to the country manufacturing operations leading the planning, production, maintenance, logistic, IT, Infrastructure and energy.
The role will have two main tasks:
- oversee the day by day operation of the central plant
- supervise and lead the manufacturing performances of all the plants in Italy having as direct reporting the local operations managers
- Lead all production facilities maintaining lean manufacturing practices; enforcing quality standards; improving products and processes
- Responsible for the implementation of the standards with regards to Quality, Health, Safety and Environment.
- Responsible for proposing, leading and executing capital expenditures including project management and engineering.
- Builds, develops and manages operations leadership team capable of carrying out needed operations strategies and improving employee
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships
- Achieves financial objectives by establishing objectives; developing budgets; controlling costs; maximizing use of assets
- Assures an equitable balance of resource (people, customer orders, investment, etc.) application is made within all facilities that meets customer and needs of the company
- Ensures that, as the company grows, manufacturing capabilities meet or exceed all industry and customer requirements for cost, quality and responsiveness by establishing the necessary resources
- Directs implementation and execution of manufacturing policies and practices throughout the organization
- Complies with legal requirements by enforcing company policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that manufacturing stays on schedule and within budget
- Analyze manufacturing data and identify trends, anomalies, and opportunities for improvement; identify and utilize methods of making manufacturing process more efficient and effective (reducing waste, using lean)
- Degree (BS) in Engineering (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering), preferably with MBA in addition.
- Technical skills in Lean Manufacturing techniques, Process improvement, materials management, production scheduling and operational KPI.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in manufacturing engineering, and/or operations of high-volume manufacturing in a certified manufacturing organization (ISO9000) + Energy management (ISO 50.001)
- Excellent people management skills with good communication and ability to work with people at all levels and educational background
- Strong customer orientation
- Self-starter and a team player that will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities & tasks. Project management experience is a must
- Large- and small-company experience, ideally in leading manufacturing coming from manufacturing companies
- Has led functional groups including production, quality, logistics, and/ or engineering
- Leads by example and with a “hand’s on” approach promoting a motivating working atmosphere
- Able to travel between 40-50% of his/her time
- Excellent English communication written and spoken